Thursday, May 11, 2006

STORMS!!

We have had LOTS of rain the past couple of weeks. . . and Tuesday night and Wednesday morning we got more than rain!! We got lots of high winds and reports of tornados right outside of Star City. Thankfully, there were no reports of anyone hurt, but we did hear of a house or two with lots of damage.

Wednesday morning when I was taking Jackson to school, it was still so dark outside from all the storm clouds overhead. Normally it's nice and bright - but not that day!

When I got to the church, I noticed all the water drops on my car. I think the patterns the water drops make are so cool... so of course, I got pics!

I was working at my desk at the church and about 10:30 I got an email from KATV weather service telling me that a severe thunderstorm would hit Star City at 10:45. Sure enough, at 10:45 on the dot... the storm started rolling in. The sky got dark and then I noticed how the gray clouds were straight on the edges. It looked like a giant grey sheet rolling across the sky.

I stood out under the awning and watched the clouds and wind blowing the trees. I finally had to go inside when the wind got so strong it was blowing sheets of water under the covering.

Storms normally scare me. . . but I think because I was trying to get pictures of everything, I was too busy to get scared. I also thought if it was going to be really bad. . . there's no better place to be than at church!

No comments: