Monday, September 25, 2006

BAD BLOGGER!

I KNOW!! I'm so far behind on my blog! I'm behind in EVERYTHING right now! And it looks like there is no end in sight! It reminds me of a story I heard once about a donkey in a hole. . . and the people just kept throwing dirt on him thinking they'd bury him alive. But he ended up shaking it off and each time he did - he got a little more ground underneath him and was eventually able to climb out of the hole. So each time I start to get depressed about being behind and buried under so much work - I just remember it means life is full - and I am blessed. I will get caught up on my blog - or maybe I'll just do like credit card statements and be a month behind! :)

I just looked up the donkey story on the internet - and here's one version I found. A little 'food for thought'. . .

Once upon a time in ancient China, the people at a village received orders from the regional governor to build a shrine for the emperor. If they could meet the deadline, the governor would reward them handsomely.
The chosen location for the shrine had a well, so they needed to fill it up before construction could take place. They brought in a donkey to transport piles of sand and mud for that purpose.
An accident occurred. The donkey got too close to the exposed well, lost his footing and fell into it. The villagers tried to lift him out but could not. After many failed attempts, they realized it would take too long to rescue him.
Keeping the deadline in mind, the villagers decided to sacrifice the donkey. They proceeded to shovel the sand and mud into the well, thinking they had no choice but to bury him alive.
When the donkey realized what they were doing, he began to wail pitifully. The villagers heard him but ignored him. The value of the donkey wasn't much compared to the rewards they would get, so they continued to shovel.
After a while, the wailing stopped. The villagers wondered about this. Was the donkey dead already? Or did he just give up? What was going on?
Curious, they looked in the well. A surprising sight greeted them: The donkey was alive and well. When the mud and sand rained down on him, he shrugged them off, and then stamped around until they were tightly packed below him. This formed solid ground that lifted him a bit higher each time.
Eventually, the donkey got high enough inside the well. With one powerful leap, he jumped out of it. Amazed, the villagers watched as he trotted off with his head held high.


Guess this story just proves what we can do when we just 'shake it off' and keep on keeping on!
So. . . enough 'deep thoughts by Kelly' . . . I'll sign off and get busy on pics to post on here!!

No comments: