Monday, February 20, 2006

Zeus

Never say never.
If you'd have asked me even five years ago if I'd ever have a house dog - I would have said "NO WAY! - I can't stand those little yappin' things!" I was wrong. I CAN stand them -- at least ONE of them.

Gerald messed up in early 2003 and said that he wouldn't mind having a Chihuahua someday - just like his grandparents did. "So did MY grandparents! All of them were named Carmalita!" It didn't take long for Jackson and I to start begging for a dog. We held off for a while - but one day we went to the Village Pet Store... and there he was. Our dog. I called Gerald ... he said "no" again... I whined a little bit... Gerald gave in... and we came home with a tiny teacup Chihuahua puppy. He weighed less than a pound. He was adorable.... and still is - to me!

Zeus is the only one that RUNS to the door when I get home and is SO excited to see me when I get home .... even if I've only been gone a few minutes. He has a way of melting my heart - even when it feels hardened. He loves me no matter what. It doesn't matter if I'm in a bad mood, if I'm sad, if I'm having a bad hair day... He loves me. Pets are awesome with their unconditional love.

It's really cold here right now. However, we don't keep our house warm enough for Zeus. He'd like it to be HOT - all the time! We bought a space heater and we've put it at the edge of the kitchen to keep him warm (he stays in the tiled part of the house when we are gone during the day). Normally, when we are home, Zeus is in somebody's lap... however, it's so cold now that he prefers to sit on his pillow and cuddle with the heater. We get tickled when we are cooking and look over and Zeus is peeking out from behind the heater.

He get's a little bit camera shy!

No comments: