Saturday, November 17, 2007

Arkansas Heart Galleries

Recently, I had the priviledge of doing some work for the Arkansas Heart Galleries. This is a traveling display of the kids in Arkansas who are up for adoption through the foster care system. There are over 400 kids in AR right now who are eligible for adoption.

This debut of the Arkansas Heart Gallery was held at the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock last night. It was very powerful to see over 100 of these portraits all in the same place. It is heartbreaking to know that these kids don't have "forever families". . . and that's the main thing they want.
These pics aren't the greatest quality. All I took was my little point and shoot and I didn't want to use my flash... so they are a little grainy and dark - but they get the point across.

I'd like to say a big "THANK YOU" to Maury Draper for getting me involved in this project. I had a great time working with her and I hope to do more of this work in the future.

No comments: