Monday, June 11, 2007

Washington, DC

My mom and I went to DC with Fha to spend a few days before she went back to Thailand. We stayed with her aunt and uncle who made us feel like family. We had a great trip. I have tons of pics from the trip but really don't have time to do anything with them right now but I did want to post a few.

One of the most impressive things I have ever seen is the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.


My favorite part of the trip was going to The Regent to eat! If you are ever in DC - you should really try to eat here! The food was amazing and the service was the best I've ever had.
This Tony - the manager.
The food was great and was beautiful.
Each item we had was delicious!!
Tony added broccoli to this dish of Pad Thai because
I mentioned how much I liked broccoli! How nice was that?!?!
Fha had told me about Sticky Rice before - but I had
NO IDEA it was as good as it was! The mango was so fresh
and sweet. It seemed to melt in my mouth!
Fha and her aunt both told us they gained lots of weight at one point because they'd eaten so much sticky rice. I can understand how that could happen . . . it's one of the best deserts I've ever had!

Check out The Regent's website at
and if you are ever in DC - visiting this restaurant should be a MUST on your 'to-do' list!!

No comments: